1/22/2012

'Parlez moi de vous'





I love Karin Viard, and I love Nicolas Duvauchelle. So that's the film I went to see at the cinema with a friend as I landed in Paris.
click below for my opinion...





Melina (Viard) is the host of a very successful late night radio show where she solves her listeners' little worries, but in real life Melina is Claire, a fragile, neurotic lady with OCD who has been abandoned by her mother as a child and goes on a quest to find her. It's sweet, and sad. We don't know if she'll ever succeeds in letting herself go and get close to people (I wanted to shout at the screen when she refuses the affections of younger, gorgeous Lucas played by Duvauchelle). I have never seen Viard so beautifully shot. She is perfect. She catches the light beautifully and knows exactly how to mix comedy and tragedy. The rest is also composed with much precision. I don't know how much talent Pierre Pinaud has as a director (it's his first film) but he certainly knows how to bring the best out of an actress.




3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment